Wednesday, February 18, 2009

7 Days Left!

For starters, I'd like to explain the last entry - apparently Chris decided to take on an alter-ego to blog because he neither speaks nor writes as he posted. It was still entertaining, however, so who knows what will come with his next entry!

We had an amazing long weekend...I had off from Wagner on Monday and Tuesday, so Chris and I were able to spend 2 and a half solid days together with no obligations and nothing on the calendar - my ideal vacation! Rather than go away for a long weekend like we first considered, we decided to stay home, sleep in, and go out to eat for meals instead. If you've never had an at-home vacation, I can now highly recommend it!

Aside from eating out, we also thought the time off would be a good time to begin perusing the baby stores for our soon-to-come baby registry...wow, and I thought doing a wedding registry was a challenge! We went to Babies R' Us twice this weekend and didn't get much farther than carseats and strollers with no final decisions yet - there is definitely some more internet research in our futures, but suggestions/recommendations are welcome : ) Needless to say, I think we'll be making quite a few more visits before the Figlet arrives...

And speaking of the Figlet, on Tuesday we should find out boy/girl (hence the countdown title of this entry). We are just praying that the baby cooperates and will give us a decent view so we can finally use a proper pronoun for whomever is inhabiting my belly right now! Tuesday should bring some high-quality sono pics, so we'll be sure to post those then.

My verse for this post is one I love for reminding myself that perfection is unattainable and I WILL make mistakes - fear of failure is something I struggle with often, and it often prevents me from taking a risk and just DOING something rather than THINKING about it!

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect." 2 Samuel 22:31-33

Lots of Love!
Chris, Allie, and Figlet

1 comment:

  1. Allie - get the book 'Baby Bargains'...it's like Consumer Reports for baby gear. It will help you pick your crib, stroller, car seat, etc, and give you an idea of how much of the other 'stuff' you need or don't...So happy for you guys and your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete